Facilitating a knowledge-based learning package towards improved cooperation between agencies such as fisheries, tax, labour and the police in developing countries to more effectively to address fisheries crime.
On Wednesday 16 September 2020 the Blue Resilience project was launched. The project is in cooperation with the Blue Justice Initiative via the Norwegian Ministry of Trade, Industry and Fisheries. The Blue Justice Initiative advances implementation of the Copenhagen Declaration by supporting developing countries to improve their capacity to devise and implement measures to deter and counter transnational organized fisheries crime.
Blue Resilience Project launch
The launch comprised of two events: a High Level Web-TV event at 10hr CET followed by a general discussion Webinar.
The programme for the High Level event included messages from:
- Odd Emil Ingebrigtsen: Norwegian Minister of Trade, Industry and Fisheries
- Dag-Inge Ulstein: Norwegian Minister of International Development
- Semi Koroilavesau: Fijian Minister of Fisheries
- HE Todung Mulya Lubis: Ambassador of the Republic of Indonesia to Norway
- Achim Steiner: Administrator of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Camilla Brückner: Director, UNDP Nordic Representation Office